Search Engine Optimization
Professional Service with Personal Attention
Your site must be visible.
The whole point of having a web site is to get customers! In order to do this, your site must be visible to your target market In addition to the usual print, radio and television media exposure, customers find business web sites by searching for specific products and services in Search Engines, by clicking on links in Internet Business Directories, or by clicking on links in any type of site where your URL might be posted.
Rule-of-Thumb: You should always include your URL on all printed marketing materials and any other media your business advertises in.
Be Patient: Building a quality Search Engine Ranking is a long-term process. Expecting instant results is not realistic. However, if you apply online marketing practices consistently, over the long haul, you will get results. Accelerating the process is possible, but costs a great deal.
In order to get a good Search Engine Ranking (placement on a search page), various methods can be used, some of which cost money, and some of which are free but take time. We implement basic Search Engine Optimization techniques in the development of all our web sites.
- We submit your URL to major Search Engines/Directories (see graphic below) and to industry specific Business Directories which allow free submissions. Most other Search Engine and Directory submissions are fee-based and will require client evaluation and payment prior to submission. The number of relevant sites linking back to yours is a significant element in the Google PageRank.
- Strategic use of title and description metatags, used for ranking by Google and other search engines.
- Strategic use of keywords phrases (words and phrases customers use to search for your product/service) in HTML metatags and site content. Most Search Engines now rank based on keywords used in the title and most importantly, in the text content of the page.
- Strategic use of organic anchor link phrases (links from words or phrases in naturally flowing text on your site). Google recently changed their site ranking algorithm and is placing more weight on these types of links. Read SEO For The New Google for more info on this.
- Use of other coding methods that structure a webpage to be search engine friendly
For clients interested in tracking their own data and managing their own SEO campaigns, we also setup Google Sitemaps, Google Analytics and provide Monthly Statistic reports for each website. These tools assist you in tracking the number of visitors to your site and other types of website data that can give you a valuable picture of the how end-users are utilizing your site.
- Creation of a Google Sitemaps file and posting this file to your server along with a robots.txt file. A Google sitemap file tells Google all about your pages and assists Google in learning which pages are most important and how often those pages change. This file also allows your site to be indexed by Ask.com, the 4th largest Search Engine.
- Web Site Services
- » Web Site Design Portfolio
- » Coding and Markup Standards
- » Browser Compatibility and Testing
- » Web Application Development
- Graphics and Print Services
- » Graphic Design
- » Print Media Services
Will a web site help my business?
“As of August, 2005, it is estimated that 68% of adult Americans (137 million) access the Internet or the World Wide Web. — Pew Internet and American Life Project
More than eight out of ten US Internet users have researched a product or service online. Despite the burst of the dot-com bubble in 2000, e-purchasing continues to expand. In all, the number of people who had made purchases online grew by 63% since 2000.”
This means that millions of potential customers are available to you with an online presence. Posting a web site is one of the most cost effective ways to reach a large market base, offering the option for small businesses to go national or even global. If you care about your bottom line, you need a web site. Even if your business is not e-commerce related, having a web site gives you 24/7 exposure that's is accessible by far more people than you could reach in your local area of business. Very simply, it vastly increases your visibility, directly impacting your bottom line. And well designed web sites can be cost effectively updated to incorporate new information as your business changes and expands. At DNA, we design web sites that work for your business, increase your bottom line, expand your customer base, and generating visibility.